A Creative Marriage

A lot goes into having a successful marriage.  I'm sure any of my married readers will agree with that statement!  

I was 43 years old before I got married for the first time.  Until then I wasn't particularly interested in getting married.  I wasn't even really interested in a long term relationship.  Frankly, I just couldn't be bothered.  I had a good job, friends, lots of hobbies and activities and the thought of a relationship just seemed like more of a hassle than anything else.  That was until God sent someone back into my life I hadn't seen since 1982.  His name was Martin Petry.  He and I attended the same high school in Ridgefield, Connecticut.  He graduated in 1982, and I was a few years behind him, graduating in 1985 so we were only in school together for a single year.  We were in two school plays together but never really even spoke.  I thought he was cute.  He didn't know I existed.  God told me, "That's the one, but not now."  

In 2008 I ran across him on Facebook and we became friends.  He was living in Rhode Island, I was still in Connecticut.  He was writing books.  A friendship and then a business partnership formed between us and somewhere in the middle it all blossomed into something else.  We got married in September of 2010.  The whole story and more is contained between the covers of a book we co-authored a few years ago called, "Convoking Hell".  The story is not always pretty, in fact it's been called a brutally honest tale.

So, here we are in 2015, getting ready to celebrate our five year marriage anniversary.  We have a total of about 15 books written between the two of us and we're still going strong in all aspects of our relationship.  I think we enjoy each others' company most when we're sitting in our living room - in Kings Mountain, NC now - each tapping away at our keyboards, blogging and creating worlds of fiction for readers to enjoy.

I know I've posted my own Amazon Author Page before, so I'm posting his tonight, just because I want to show off my handsome husband, the love of my life and occasionally my co-author!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're All Haunted

Reflections on a Marriage - 7 years in...

Chapter 11 - Diagnosis: Liabetes