2018... Is it Over Yet?

2018.

Ugh.

So far, not my favorite year.

Yeah, so on New Year's Day I was cleaning up the house in anticipation of the arrival of an out-of-town guest. I took a break for a few minutes and sat down to read the day's Facebook posts. Everyone seemed to be having a great day, the posts were full of optimism, hopes and dreams, prayers and anticipation of this being the year that humanity redeemed itself. All I could really say was that I'd just discovered my pants were on inside-out.


I knew at that moment what kind of year this was going to be.

Later that day my front-load dryer stopped working.

A week later I was running out for FIVE MINUTES to do one last task before calling it a day... and it was like experiencing an instant replay of a day in December of 2013... My left heel hit a patch of mud just outside and the next thing I know I'm on my butt in that patch of mud. With my ankle at an odd angle. And yes, I heard a snap.


My beloved husband, Marty was a real trooper over the next week or so. He walked the dog, he did the grocery shopping, he cleaned up the house and helped me as I hobbled along. He would have helped me out longer than that except... He came home early from work one day because his back was hurting him. And after several days flat on his back he was finally able to get to the chiropractor. I'm wondering if the chiropractor's office was where he picked up the flu. The flu that he gave to me.

Did I mention that the Patriots lost the Superbowl? Did I mention how much I love the Patriots?



It's okay. The flu bug wasn't nearly as bad as the pneumonia that my husband developed right after.

At least he is on the mend now and I barely limp at all anymore.

My Uncle Paul died. I couldn't get back to CT for the funeral because we were both sick and not up to a 700 mile drive, or a plane ride.

My mother-in-law (who is the BEST), sent us a package with 100 K-cups of good coffee. That cheered me up. Until I put the first one into the coffee maker and heard it explode when it started to brew. A glitch, a fluke, surely... and then the second k-cup exploded. And the third. I'm going to find at least one that brews properly before the year is over.

Day before yesterday I took my understandably hysterical neighbor and her 150 pound pit bull (who was having seizures - in my car) to the emergency vet. Poor boy had to be put down yesterday.

Is it really only the end of February.

I have life insurance. Just in case.

My Books on Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on a Marriage - 7 years in...

We're All Haunted

Chapter 11 - Diagnosis: Liabetes