Humbled by a Child

I was humbled by an eight year old today.

I got up this morning, did a little more study for the lesson I was going to teach at church today and folded the bulletins I printed last night. I got dressed and ready, and we met up with our friend who lives a few doors down - she and her eight year old daughter have been coming to church with us for the last three or four weeks.

Her daughter said to us, "I changed my mind today. I woke up and I was tired so I wasn't going to go to church, but then God told me to go to church." That blew me away. But then she asked us, "If you could choose, would you rather be a helper to God or would you rather be a regular person? I'd rather be a helper to God."

This kid has been to church like three times in her life and this is what she comes up with. I knew that everything I was prepared to teach in church was going to pale in comparison to the lesson I got from the kid.

Matthew 21:16 - "Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, "'From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise'?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're All Haunted

Reflections on a Marriage - 7 years in...

Chapter 11 - Diagnosis: Liabetes